Friday, March 17, 2017

Push Buttons


















sports, sex and food;
those are about the only things in life
that have ever really interested me,
and I’ve only been good at two of those,
well okay,
I used to be good at two,
now I only do one well;
technology?
bores the shit out of me,
and on top of that,
I don’t really understand it,
yet somehow,
here I am,
a highly trained technician,
in a highly technical field,
pushing buttons,
watching red and green lights
go on and off,
thinking about
the leftover steak in the refrigerator,
the secretary with the nice ass,
or how my daughter can improve her
basketball game;
sometimes I imagine life,
living in a stone cottage,
overlooking the ocean
on the western coast of Ireland,
writing whatever comes to mind
all day long,
then walking into the village at night
to drink a few pints,
tell a few lies,
then stumble home
to crawl in bed with a good woman,
big and soft,
who moves with passion,
moaning out of control;
and keeps the house clean;
excuse me,
I gotta push a button.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive