Saturday, March 11, 2017

diabetes


















the eyes are going,
I haven’t told anyone yet,
it gets hard to focus,
things that used to come easy,
can no longer be made out,
it’s like looking through broken glass;
then there’s the energy;
the least little thing makes you tired,
sometimes I just want to lay down
wherever I’m at and go to sleep,
sometimes she holds me
when it gets like this,
she has no idea
how good that makes me feel,
like a child again,
safe and warm;
I think I could die with her arms
wrapped around me;
the changes have been subtle,
they slowly creep up,
it is only gradually you begin to notice,
like a spider,
patiently waiting for its prey to die,
as it struggles to free itself
from the sticky web;
that is how it is,
that is how it will be;
it has been a good fight.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive