Friday, March 17, 2017

Kathleen



























the laughter rings in my ears,
the silence covers the night,
like a worn out lover,
inviting everything into its domain,
like flies in the spiders web,
echoes of the past,
banging into the walls of my mind;
who am I?
how did I get here?
I remember a road,
on a dark, starless night,
I remember your laughter,
I remember your scream,
I recall everything,
which means nothing;
ah Kathleen,
your hair was like silk,
you smelled like the springtime flowers,
we were young,
we were lovers,
we were soul mates;
we traveled the road to Dublin,
then you were gone,
I searched for you in the meadow,
but you were not there,
I screamed out your name,
but received no reply;
oh my Kathleen,
where have you gone?
time has no hold on our love,
our love was greater than time,
greater than life,
our love was endless,
timeless,
even death cannot keep me from you;
remember the moon?
we watched it rise,
you saw the fairies,
and called them out by name,
we danced till the new day sun came out;
oh my Kathleen,
where have you gone?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive