Sunday, April 3, 2016

things




















looking around this room, I realize
that I have all these things,
there are things piled upon things,
things that I never knew I had,
things I will never use,
things I will never want to use;
they are everywhere;
where the fuck did they all
come from?
why did I get them?
books, tapes, dvds, cds,
junk mail, clothes,
collectibles;
Im not even sure I actually own
a single damn one of them,
technically I think they belong
to the credit card companies,
since they paid for most of them,
actually they probably paid
for all of them,
of course I have paid them back
many times over,
in interest alone,
so I won’t feel very bad
when I give them all back,
along with the unpaid balances,
because I don’t need
a single one of these things,
none of this shit,
all I really need is a pen and a pad of paper,
although the computer comes in handy,
but I think that belongs to
MasterCard;
now that I think about it,
I have never wanted anything,
with the exception of one time
when I wanted to make the varsity
baseball team, in my sophomore
year in high school,
and I did,
but other than that,
I never wanted anybody or anything,
I just woke up every morning,
took in a deep breath,
and waited for shit to happen,
people to come and go,
things to accumulate,
like snow on a winters day;
don’t get me wrong;
I have had some incredible
things come my way,
my daughters,
my grandson,
my granddaughters
awards;
but I never asked for any of them,
I was glad to get them,
but I never asked for them,
you do what you have to do
to get by,
and whatever happens
happens,
I sometimes wonder
if this is normal,
do other people have all these things?
and if they do, do they actually want them?
or are they like me without even realizing it,
just trying to eat, sleep and breathe,
forced to do whatever is necessary,
ready to accept whatever comes along.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive