Saturday, April 16, 2016

Slave


























As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him.  Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”  So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him.  And all the people were amazed.   Mark 5:18-20
all my life I have been a slave,
all my life I have been lost,
all my life I have served unseen masters,
all my life I have been a prisoner;
sexual perversions and lust,
spiritual darkness and depravity,
financial debt and personal greed,
unjustified hatred and anger,
fantasies and delusions of grandeur,
vanity and self-induced egotism,
malicious slander and vicious lies;
sacrificially raped,
silently abused and self-tortured,
steadily stripped of all dignity and self-worth,
repeatedly robbed of confidence and truth,
slowly losing any faith or trust,
then You reached out Your mighty hand,
pulling me up from these raging seas,
unlocking the door of this forsaken cell,
delivering me from eternal bondage,
opening my blinded eyes;
no longer a victim,
no longer a slave;
now I wait for the day,
when I will be where You are,
sitting at the foot of Your throne,
basking in Your glory and light,
telling the world of Your
mercy and grace;
telling the world what the Lord
has done for me.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive