Monday, April 18, 2016

than you


















I have written many things in my life,
thought many thoughts,
fantasized many fantasies,
dreamed many dreams;
but none of them
are more important
than you;
I have written of imaginary lovers
and foolish ideas,
all of which
seemed so important,
but were nothing,
nothing at all,
compared to the love
that we share,
you are the reality,
which has kept me holding on,
for more years
than I can remember,
yours is the touch
I long to feel,
the voice
I long to hear,
at the end of the day
when nothing seems real,
when nothing is true,
as all the thoughts and ideas
go drifting away,
like smoke
from a burning campfire,
you are the part of me
I can never let go,
no matter how hard
this need to destroy
everything that I touch
has tried;
there is no one
I would rather be with,
than you.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive