Saturday, October 11, 2014

Walking Through the Valley




















The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.   Psalm 23:1-6
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.   Ephesians 6:12
once again,
I enter this dark place,
this cold, empty, deserted place,
this place from which most
never return;
my enemies wait outside,
gloating over the misery,
laughing within at the naivety,
mocking from afar,
standing firm in their ‘moral’
and ‘intellectual’ superiority,
waiting for the fall;
once again,
You stand by my side,
letting me know You
will always be there,
helping me to rise when
so many others would not,
softly reminding me that
I never have anything to fear;
“Don’t be afraid, just believe”
once again,
You prepare me for
a battle most will
never see,
in a war that
rages continuously,
around everyone
and everything,
rescuing me from places
which no man could overcome;
teaching me that through You
I can do all things.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive