Monday, October 27, 2014

Hiding in Plain Sight





















they have become mesmerized
with the violence,
conditioned by the lies,
without feeling,
without joy;
without soul;
I remain silent,
because that is what
I choose,
words never mattered
anyway,
I could not save you,
you were too far gone,
too far along,
too far away;
from a dream,
I reach for you,
but you’re not there,
I call out your name,
but you do not hear;
replacing one,
without the other,
such an impossible task;
even now,
I hear your voice,
even now,
I see you your face,
even now,
I taste your skin;
a new day dawns,
old memories fade,
no return,
no mercy,
no hanging on,
forgotten memories and
empty futures,
travel down lost
and lonesome paths,
on their way to hidden
valleys,
where even the sun
does not speak;
I am tired of giving
pearls to dogs,
wisdom to swine,
tired of voices that only
know how to speak,
but have never learned
how to listen;
your judgment makes you smaller,
your expressions and excuses,
nothing more than meaningless drivel,
dead-end streets,
you use the cracks and crevices of
distant shores, like common
knowledge;
platitudes and artistic differences
only go so far,
sooner or later choices
must be made,
eventually it becomes real,
eventually it slips away;
everything you know,
everything you are,
everything you ever were,
just fading vapor,
dispersing with the wind;
the higher you go,
the farther you fall,
the faster you run,
the bigger the crash.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive