Monday, October 16, 2017

Satisfying Day




















we walked the beach today,
she made a remark about all the trash
laying around,
I told her it was from the weekend crowd;
“it’s our human footprint” I reply,
“our legacy, everywhere humans go
their trash is sure to follow;”
“you’re always so dark and negative” she says,
and in my mind I think ‘she’s right of course;’
I wish it were not so;
we talked about current events and
certain actors behaving badly,
“I’m not sure if he’s delusional or a genius,” I say,
“maybe he knows exactly what he’s doing;”
they say bad pr is better than no pr at all;
we discussed my dream from the night before,
actually I did, she could have cared less,
“what do you think it means?” I asked,
“I don’t know” she says, ”I never know what
your dreams mean, what do you think it means?”
“I don’t know” I reply;
and that was the end of that;
walking back I fight the voice whispering
inside my head to go to a bar
and get wasted,
along with not giving in
to the inner urge telling me to stare
at the very attractive young lady
laying on a towel next to her boyfriend,
with a very skimpy string bikini on;
all-in-all,
between trash and dreams,
and small personal victories over
basic human weakness and flaws;
it was a very satisfying day.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive