Tuesday, October 10, 2017

growing up


















When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.   1 Corinthians 13:11-13
‘stop being a child, grow up so that you might teach the truth to those behind you before it is too late. Keep your sight focused on the light, follow the word of God, not the doctrines of men’
I have done so many things
I did not want to do,
but I did them anyway,
knowing the whole time
they were wrong,
they were perverse,
I couldn’t help myself,
I was powerless,
I was a slave,
I was a pawn,
I was a pathetic little worm
crawling on its belly
through the mud and slime,
struggling just to survive
even a moment in time;
now I am not alone,
now I have One
so much greater than I,
now I have His mercy,
now I have His power,
now I have His unspeakable love
to lift me up,
now I have the victory,
now I am forgiven;
O my Lord,
my dear, sweet, precious Lord,
I love You so very much,
if it be Your will let me be
a common foot soldier,
living only to be trampled asunder,
like fodder before the killing machine,
gladly laying down my life
for the children of Your light,
asking for nothing but to serve
in Your blessed kingdom.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive