Thursday, October 26, 2017

Right and Wrong


















As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything I have learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.   John 15: 9-17
in America being poor is a death sentence,
in America your pocket book determines
the level of respect you receive,
in America you either love it or leave it;
how easily it is forgotten that this nation
was founded by people who didn’t ‘like’ it,
but instead of leaving they fought a
violent and bloody war,
or how a hundred years later the nation was
literally torn in two as brother fought brother
because one side didn’t ‘like’ it,
it makes me wonder just who the
real patriots are;
to be honest,
I don’t care one way or the other,
this nation, this government, this world
are only what they are allowed to be,
by a God who sees and knows all things,
this nation does not have any more power, wealth or wisdom
than Rome or Greece or any other great civilization before it,
this nation exists only because the Lord God wills it to exist;
in colonial days there were preachers in England
and the colonies who stood up in their pulpits
declaring that those who didn’t like being a British colony
should get on their mules, or whatever people used back then, and leave,
branding Washington and the other leaders of the revolution
as criminals and traitors,
the difference being Washington and the revolutionaries won
and it is the victors who write history,
plain and simple,
so you should take care who you call a criminal
or who you tell to leave if they don’t ‘like’ it,
because you just might find yourself on the
wrong side of God’s will;
unless you presume to know more than God;
so don’t get caught up in who is right or who is wrong,
try not to take sides in the affairs of men at all,
seek the will of the Lord first,
trust in Him without leaning to your
own understanding.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive