Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Art of Making Love

























changes are never easy, even now

when I began writing seriously, many years ago, sometime after high school, after I came to the realization that I had been writing poetry most of my life (just never knew that's what it was) (thank you to my old English Teachers). I sought the advice of some of the most relevant poets of our times. Some responded, some didn't, but the conclusion I finally came to was none of their opinions mattered, the only opinion that mattered was my own.This was written about the time of that revelation. This goes out to all the 'teachers' in my life, most of whom taught me more then they ever realized, just not the things they thought they were teaching.


early morning light,
remembering
making love to you
last night,
everything
ceasing to exist,
and for a moment,
life was only
a transition,
changing
with each touch
of your tender lips;
I am told,
by those
much wiser than I,
that words must be
learned,
that to live,
you must study
someone else’s life,
if this is true,
then I suppose
you cannot make love
without watching
xxx movies;
I say,
make your own words,
live your own life,
learn to make love
in your own way;
then;
it will be your words,
it will be your life,
it will be your love;
not some teachers.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive