Sunday, February 26, 2017

Tell Them (12/08/03)


























feel me now,
that you might know
all is not without hope;
tell them who I was so that they may know,
tell them I was a lost and forgotten brother of the eternal flame,
a dry empty flask of flesh, filled with defiled innocent blood,
a quiet whisper in the wind, from which there is no rest,
a drifting soul of passion with a hot burning thirst
for the sordid whores juice, that can never
be filled;
tell them who I was so that they may know,
that they might see there was more,
than this cosmic, shackled, clown into which I was turned,
this bright, speckled feathered beast, upon which vultures feed;
tell them I was more;
that I was a sailor sailing into the gentle setting sun,
on eternal ships of blazing fire and steel,
adrift upon blue, forgotten seas where few have been,
a lonely, lonesome traveler, traveling down lost endless roads,
ruled by the darkness of a thousand nights,
hidden in ancient temples
where children of belligerent gods play,
giving thanks to idols of leisure
that they might be safe in soft warm beds of gold;
tell them;
that I was a lover,
a brother,
a son,
a man;
a poet.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive