Saturday, October 15, 2016

Anyway

























This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.   1 John 4:10
in the morning I search for Your light,
amidst the pre-dawn blackness,
it burns like a beacon in the night,
showing the way to freedom,
guiding the path to life;
Lord, I love You because
You loved me first,
when I broke Your heart,
You loved me anyway,
when I deserved only punishment,
You loved me anyway,
when I helped nail You to that cross;
You loved me anyway;
I stumble and fall,
You pick me up once again,
I run and hide,
You patiently stand waiting,
I spread seeds of hatred and doubt;
You love me anyway;
no one knows the struggle,
no one understands the darkness,
no one feels the emptiness,
but You;
and even though no one else sees,
it is enough that You do.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive