Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Comforter

















If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.   John 14:15-17
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.   John 14:25-26
sometimes I am so close,
some days I am so sure,
as the words flash across my mind,
like lightning in the sky,
here and gone in the blink of an eye,
with no idea what comes next;
awed by the magnitude and depth,
humbled and amazed
by how far it truly goes,
taken aback by the wisdom
with which it speaks,
the Comforter promised
by His word;
He who testifies of the truth,
He who teaches discipline and knowledge,
He who brings all things to remembrance,
the precious gift from the Lord
of love and perfection,
the Master of truth and light,
the Holy King of the universe,
to whom I owe all that I have,
to whom I will praise,
to whom I will belong
forever;
redeemed by the power of His
marvelous love and grace,
freed from the bondage of this world
through His suffering and sacrifice,
saved from eternal darkness
by the shedding of His precious blood;
O my Lord,
my sweet, sweet Lord,
to You do I give everything
that I have to give;
how I love Your beauty and light,
how I long to see Your glorious face,
guide me down the path which leads
me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive