Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Am Ready Lord





















old friends return;
wooing,
soothing,
inviting,
cajoling;
standing just outside the door,
hiding among the dark
angry shadows,
waiting for the show to begin,
patiently biding their time;
all night diners,
endless cups of coffee,
lonely highway lines,
empty roads leading nowhere;
how far is the bottom?
where do the lies end?
where does truth begin?
emotional roller coaster rides,
painful days and nights,
forgotten dreams,
silent memories;
who cares?
all I ever wanted,
was for someone to
recognize the pain,
someone to understand
the depth,
someone to salute the effort,
but no one ever does;
no one but You;
don’t let me fall Lord,
hold me above the killing zone,
keep me safe from the
slaughter below;
I hear Your precious voice;
I am ready Lord,
I am ready;
all I want is to belong to You,
all I need is You;
I am ready Lord,
I am ready.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive