Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sanctuary
















Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”   2 Peter 2:22
the touch returns,
the cold black night closes in,
dogs return to their vomit,
sows freshly cleaned,
wallow in the mire once again,
am I really so far,
will I ever escape
from these prison walls
surrounding me now?
and yes, now I see,
now I know just how
far it goes,
just how costly it becomes,
what fools we are;
trapped within snares
of our own doing;
I see my life play out,
I remember all the wrong decisions,
I relive all the wasted opportunities,
I count up all the lost minutes;
and I am so tired;
the darkness waits once more,
thick and black,
silently enveloping my soul;
does no one see?
does no one know?
does no one care?
everything fades,
everything passes by like
shadows in the night,
everything changes with
the morning dawn;
save me O Lord,
let me rest in Your
powerful arms,
let me find sanctuary
within Your sacred walls;
bring me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive