Monday, March 30, 2015

So Shall I






















it gets harder everyday,
sometimes it feels as though
my bones are on fire,
half the time I’m not sure
if the pain is physical, mental
or spiritual;
or a combination
of all three;
I know it’s the diabetes,
it’s getting serious now,
no more fooling around,
no more slight inconvenience,
it has become the monster
all the experts said it would,
a crazed killer without conscious,
a psychopathic beast who knows
neither mercy or compassion,
devouring everything
in its path;
sometimes I just want
to get a bottle of whiskey,
take a few pills,
put some Billy Gibbons guitar
on the headphones,
make the pain melt away,
drift off into the fog,
never come back,
sometimes I just want to
make it stop,
physically, mentally
and spiritually;
so easy,
so final;
but that would be the easy way,
the path of least resistance,
the broad gate,
the road that leads to destruction;
He is worth more than that;
in the evening darkness
I search for His light,
in the morning silence
I listen for His voice,
He is there by my side,
giving me strength
when there is none,
picking me up
when I am down,
He will not let me fail,
He will not let me give up,
He has defeated this world,
and through Him;
so shall I.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive