Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Today is the Day

I keep thinking, that maybe today is the day,
the day when I’ll get up and do something,
besides go to work, eat and sleep,
I have been working the graveyard shift,
and while I enjoy being away
from all the management weenies,
it leaves me with no desire to do anything,
I lay in bed, watching some courtroom shit on TV,
a sexy, red-headed female, TV judge,
who talks with a Brooklyn accent,
decides peoples lives for them;
who owes who,
who screwed who;
I roll over and close my eyes,
maybe tomorrow I’ll feel like doing something,
meanwhile the rain falls outside,
children ride buses home from school,
young marines die in Iraq,
the TV court judge, makes a ruling on a lawsuit,
I think about getting up, and going to the post office,
to get my mail which I haven’t gotten in three days,
and will probably have my post office box overflowing,
I think about going to my daughters
basketball scrimmage tonight,
but know that I won’t,
because that would cut into my workout and sleep time,
I think about one of the plaintiffs
on the TV courtroom show,
I think about how you know you’re getting old,
when people whom you knew when they were young,
are starting to die off,
slowly at first,
one at a time,
but then more and more,
being replaced by the next generation,
in a world where they’re not really missed,
even though people say they are,
but they only say that for a little while,
then after a bit of time,
nobody says it anymore,
and no one gives much thought about
it after that,
and gradually no one cares.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive