Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Rough Day

it was a rough day today,
not really sure why,
maybe it was my job,
where I pretend to be someone
or something,
I have never been,
trying to hang on to those things,
which were never mine to keep,
knowing all along,
that everything comes to an end,
as it fades into the darkness
of this grand illusion,
designed to deceive those
who think they have answers for questions
which never existed,
perhaps it was the war,
or the dream from the night before,
as I watched the red hot blade of steel,
slowly slide into the doomed leaders body,
as he lay on the cold brown sand,
ankles and wrists bound by ropes,
his screams of pain crying out,
while the whole world wept,
and I stood helplessly by,
waiting for it to be over,
unable to provide any comfort
or relief;
it was a rough day;

I came home and held my granddaughter,
played whiffle ball with my grandson,
ate dinner and watched law and order on TV,
talked to my mom in Michigan, who told me my dad,
who has had 4 heart attacks, 3 bypass surgeries and 1 stroke,
was in Kentucky playing golf,
worked out on my nordic track and took a shower,
made a carrot, apple, tomato and celery drink
with my juiceman,
laid down in bed and got ready
to do it all over again.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive