Monday, July 14, 2014

Somebody's Fool

all my life,
I have been somebody’s fool,
doing the shit jobs,
being the chump,
taking bullets for the team,
falling on my sword,
watching as others took the credit,
working so somebody else
could climb the corporate ladder,
pretending that it didn't matter,
giving until there was nothing
left to give,
holding the anger inside,
tasting the bitterness,
until bitterness was all
that was left;
all my life,
I have been somebody’s fool;
this world will use you up,
until there is nothing left,
then toss you aside
like yesterday’s garbage,
if you allow it,
laughing as you desperately
try to hold on;
eventually,
everybody loses;
all my life,
I searched for something
or someone, to whom
I could give my allegiance,
a King worth dying for,
a leader holy and righteous,
someone who deserved
all that I had to give,
then I found Him;
or rather He found me.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive