Friday, December 16, 2011

Raise Me Up

The time has begun, today shall be the day, now is the answer, here in lies the way.

In the morning when I rise,
You are there,
softly speaking to my soul,
quietly humbling my swollen ego,
making me understand
the glory and magnificence
that is Yours alone,
throughout the day,
as my tongue speaks foolish vanities
and my mind thinks
self-absorbed, hate filled thoughts,
You softly remind me;

gently rebuking,
patiently teaching.

Raise me up O Lord,
help me to stand,
fill me with Your Holy Spirit,
consume me with Your wondrous fire,
surround me with Your marvelous love,
reach out with Your mighty hand,
cleanse my filthy garments,
heal my damaged soul,
remake me in Your holy image;

remove anything not of You.

O magnificent Lord,
Light of heaven,
King of the universe,
Savior of the world,
let every voice
sing praises unto You,
let every breath taken
glorify Your precious name.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive