Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lil Bitches

Words can make people come alive,
words can cut and kill,
sometimes, words are all there is,
other times, words are never quite enough;

words can mean everything,
words can mean nothing at all.

For someone who prides themselves,
on their ability to manipulate
and massage words,
I haven’t been very true,
I have left my first love,
I have abandoned my calling,
I have taken my words for granted,
thinking that they
will always be there for me,
but this isn’t always so,
you have to guard the things
which are precious,
you have to hold them tightly,
like a schoolboy holding
his best girl,
or they just might walk away,
when you least expect it,
never to return again.

The best ones always walk away,
they never hang around long,
so you have to lay them down quick,
make love to them
while they’re in the mood,
dance with them
while the music’s playing,
stroke their hair,
whisper and cajole,
while you have the chance,
even if it’s in the most public places,
even if it’s not politically correct,
otherwise they walk,
and they never come back,
never;

the damn lil bitches!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive