Sunday, December 4, 2011

The One I Praise

Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

I have traveled so far,
still I return to this place
where I once began,
this land of degradation and pain,
this unknown world,
where darkness and silence
live hand in hand;

I have traveled so far,
yet have I gone nowhere?

Deliver me O Lord,
do not give me more
than my broken spirit can bear,
do not leave me here
to face the enemy
I could never overcome alone,
in You will I place my trust,
in You will I have my hope,
in You will I find my salvation;

in You will I find my rest.

Touch me that I might be healed,
turn me from paths
that do not lead to You,
teach me how to walk in Your light,
test me that I may be confirmed;

for if You heal me O Lord,
I will be healed,
if You save me,
I will be saved;

for you are the One I praise.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive