Monday, December 18, 2017

waiting






















I am waiting;
searching for truth,
reading the words of fools,
listening to the voices
of liars and thieves;
I see their agendas,
I expose their hypocrisy,
I understand their fears;
there is no love,
there is no pity,
there is only judgment,
there is only condemnation;
and still,
I wait;
one more day,
one more minute,
one more breath,
passing by unnoticed,
unknown,
unheard;
clarity has no meaning
in this land gone mad,
insanity replaces greed
when there is nothing left,
truth does not
give up her secrets
without a fight;
we have consumed
all there is,
we have taken
until there is nothing
more to take,
we have stolen our
children’s legacy,
we have sold
our grandchildren
to the highest bidder;
I live in a world
begging for redemption,
I live in a world
searching for truth,
I live in a world
dying in its own filth,
destroyed by its own wisdom,
caught up in its own righteousness,
floating within its own fantasy,
I live in a world
blinded by its own
darkness,
afraid of its own fear;

words are never enough,
thoughts can go far
when left to their own devices,
does anyone listen?
does anyone care?
I am waiting.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive