Saturday, June 11, 2016

Ice Cream and Patti Smith




















I used to run marathons and hike
12 miles up into the mountains;
now I just want a bowl of ice cream;
life has very little to offer
anymore.
I bought what I thought
was a Patti Smith CD today,
it was used and priced at only $4.99,
it was only when I got home
that I realized it was Patty Smyth,
some 1980’s pop star,
not the poet;
I threw it into the trash;
Patti Smith (the poet),
has always fascinated me,
I think she’s one of the
most beautiful women
on the planet,
strong yet vulnerable,
a pioneer of the unknown,
putting it all on the line,
one of a handful,
brave enough
to venture into the shit,
so decent people like us
don’t have to;
an amazing individual;
later I got in my truck
and drove to the store;
time for that bowl
of ice cream.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive