Sunday, September 27, 2015

Reality

















sometimes reality sets in, complete with all its
cold, dark brutality, reminding you that
nothing lasts forever, that for everything offered,
there is a price to be paid, a final toll;
it will not be denied;
but still you rush forward, unable to prevent
this confrontation, even if you could,
so immersed in her deep blue ocean,
there was never a choice, nor moment
of hesitation;
so far from the sight of land;
I’m not proud of what I’m doing to her,
like the gutless wonder that I truly am,
she deserves better, much better,
every now and then, I allow it to creep in,
every now and then I want to grab her,
beg her to run away with me, far away,
where no one or nothing could ever find us again,
but I know we would only be running from me,
and eventually I would catch up,
destroying us both;
I wonder if it is the same, for my partner in this
crime of passion, although she would say not,
but she talks of him with such softness,
such far off forlornness, I wonder if she even knows
it is there, together it is our burden to bear,
even if alone we hide it away.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive