Thursday, September 3, 2015

Looking in the Mirror



woke up last night, felt like I‘d been asleep for days,
looked at the clock and only a few minutes
had passed by, sometimes even the truth
is just too hard to bear, but we are what we are,
that’s just a natural fact, as inescapable
as the morning sun;
sooner or later, the road always leads
back to here;
I’ve been to the end and back, but it doesn’t
mean a thing, because it always come down to this,
it makes me wonder what the point really is,
when it just goes round and round;
I like things that are real, Bukowski, Hooker,
things which are natural, wolves and Native Americans,
I hate smooth talking poets and slick playing musicians,
things which pass themselves off as the real deal;
when they are not;
perhaps this is the reason I’ve never learned
to like myself.
.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive