Sunday, December 28, 2014

Today and Tomorrow






















I have heard and spoken words like forever
and always, enough to know that forever
and always do not exist in this world,
eventually everything changes,
no matter how badly we want to
believe otherwise,
no matter how many times we say
it will not,
and I have lived enough todays
and tomorrows,
to know that yesterday will fade,
no matter how hard we try to
hang on to it,
no matter how desperately we fight
to prevent it;
people come,
people go,
on journeys to here or there,
it is only on the in-between,
where we may meet,
with nothing on the in or out;
it is the way of things,
it is life,
there are no guarantees;
last night the voice was there,
calling out so very strong,
telling me that forever was almost gone,
along with always and yesterday,
that I needed to put another quarter
in the jukebox,
before I could hear another song;
I only smiled in return;
ready to accept whatever comes next,
the result of years of devoted training,
playing a game which was over,
before it ever had a chance to begin.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive