Sunday, December 28, 2014

Looking in the Mirror





















woke up last night,
felt like I‘d been asleep for days,
looked at the clock,
only a few minutes had
passed;
sometimes even the truth
is just too hard to bear,
we are what we are,
that’s just a natural fact,
as inescapable as the
morning sun;
sooner or later, this road
always leads back to here;
I've been to the end and back,
but it doesn't mean a thing,
because it always come down to this,
sometimes it makes me wonder,
what the point really is,
when it just goes round
and round;
I like things that are real,
Charles Bukowski and Johnny Lee Hooker,
things which are natural,
wolves and Native Americans,
I hate smooth talking poets,
and slick playing musicians,
things which pass themselves off
as the real deal,
when they are not,
perhaps this is the reason
I never learned to like myself.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive