Sunday, December 28, 2014

Brother


















for the first time,
I see your hurt,
for the first time,
I feel your pain,
for the first time,
I realize just how wrong
I have been;
when you called out,
I did not hear your voice,
when you needed my help,
I turned away,
and for this
I apologize;
I cannot crawl inside
your skin,
I cannot know what it is
you feel,
although we cannot be
brothers in race,
let us try to be brothers
in life;
you must tell me what
you see wrong,
I must tell you what
I see wrong,
and together we must listen,
together we both must change,
together we must go to
the mountaintop,
that we might see the vision,
that we might have the dream,
as glorious and wonderful,
as that of the king.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive