Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Best We Can

everywhere there is anger,
everywhere there is meanness,
everywhere there is ridicule,
everywhere there is despair;
men no longer search for truth,
men no longer thirst for righteousness,
it has become much too dangerous,
political correctness has become
the brave new frontier;
compromise the name
of the game;
the world as we know it
is falling down,
with no relief in sight,
answers no longer have meaning,
questions are no longer asked;
I close my eyes,
imagining days gone by,
I close my eyes,
seeing days too come,
I hold on to the hope,
while letting go of the reality,
I search for winding, empty roads
where few have ever traveled,
settling in the end
for safety and comfort;
following paths well taken;
broken promises and lost paradises,
tumble down like building block
houses on a child’s playroom floor;
failure hurts;
fantasies and foolish feelings lost,
forever slipping from your grasp,
always just one reach too far,
always a little more than
you can hold;
time and flesh fade,
until finally words are all
that is left,
when in truth they are all
there ever was;
overcoming the night
is never an easy task;
yet still we try
the best we can;
letting go of dreams
was never part of the plan;
yet still we do
the best we can;
somewhere little boys are free
to play the games of men,
while dreaming of days ahead,
without running from the demons
of their past;
I am still here,
quietly waiting,
I will wait as long
as You require;
I will wait forever;
I belong to You,
I always will,
You are my Lord,
You are my Master,
You are my God;
You are my Everything.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive