Thursday, March 6, 2014

A New Religion

in the morning,
raindrops bounce off the roof,
surrounding the house with
soft slender fingers,
tenderly stroking its hair,
gently caressing her
cheek and lips;
it has been raining for days now,
there is a wisdom in the rain,
as it cleanses more than
just the earth,
and I sometimes wonder
if there is anything left in
which to believe,
I suppose there is always yourself,
but I know I will never
believe in that,
so I am left on the outside,
with nothing but the morning rain,
as it makes love to this shell
surrounding me;
perhaps I should start
a new religion,
the religion of nothing,
paying homage to the rain,
worshiping the god of nothing;
by now the rain has stopped,
birds sing sweetly outside
the window,
as I sit quietly inside and write,
they understand this new religion,
they have understood it
from the beginning;
they have understood it
all along.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive