Wednesday, February 12, 2014

massacre

“in the end” I told her,
“I will be the biggest loser
of them all,
this is something
I have known
all my life;”
but it is okay,
it truly is,
I know who I am,
I have always known,
I just did not want
anybody else
to know,
there has always been
a barstool,
in a dimly lit,
hole in the wall,
with my name on it;
I was born
to be alone,
it is in my blood;
it is who I am;
“there are places
inside of me,”
I told her,
“that are so dark,
so alone,
that no one
can even imagine
what they are like;
places that scare
even me;
places where words
only scratch
the surface;”

I only have one purpose
in this life,
and that is
to be ready;
for the feel,
for the words,
for the voice,
for the muse,
whenever it passes
my way;
everything else
is just
passing time;
everything else
is just a dream;
a life
for everyone
but me;
my only regret
has been
sucking others
into the massacre
with me;
they never
stood a
chance.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive