Sunday, September 9, 2012

This One


This one moves silently within,
lurking like some unseen entity;
talking,
smiling,
laughing,
kissing,
touching,
caressing,
this one may be the end;
this one may do me in.

It’s not easy carrying this curse,
eventually it all comes out,
no matter how hard
you try to hide it inside,
everything is fair game,
every emotion,
every thought,
every deep dark secret,
every ounce of love and hate,
laid bare for the world to witness,
it’s all available for public consumption;
this one is more than
I can bear.

I have survived so many others,
throwing them into the gutter,
walking away never to return,
never giving it a second thought,
but this one is different,
I am not young anymore,
not strong,
the future does not seem
endless now,
time goes by much too fast now;
this one is more than
I can bear.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive