Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Danielle


The children of darkness
have their moments as well,
glorious testimonies and self-made fantasies,
delightful, intoxicating delusions,
breath taking beams of false light,
rising to incomprehensible heights;
perhaps this is what
I understand best.
I have never been able
to survive in either world;
just somewhere in-between,
out on the fringe,
slightly past the known,
standing on the edge,
where even shadows
remain silent.

I should have reached out for you,
I should have protected you,
I should have pulled you from
the gathering storm,
I should have been stronger,
I should have been willing
to fight for you,
die for you;
now it is too late,
now you are gone;
lost forever;
baby,
you’ll never know
how I grieved for you,
how I loved you like a daughter,
how I loved you as a woman,
how you made me smile
on the inside;
how I will always miss you.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive