Monday, August 6, 2018

Wave After Wave
















I observe in silence,
lost among the ruins,
hopelessly flailing,
waiting for satisfaction and redemption
for which no words can be uttered;

I cannot let go,
I have tried,
I cannot let go;
grasping without hope,
pleading without mercy,
holding you in this illusion,
afraid of tomorrow,
telling you all the things I cannot say,
wishing I could turn back time,
wishing I had never hurt you,
wishing I had given you a better life,
wishing I could make you happy,
wishing this life could go on forever;
but they come,
wave after wave,
crashing in,
pounding the beach,
wiping it clean,
every wave a new beginning,
every wave a final goodbye,
every wave another generation.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive