Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hideout



















I dream of dreams
in this hideout by the sea,
somewhere just between the
living and the dead,
cool, sweet dreams
where the final breath
waits no more;
time runs down,
final destinations grow closer
than they were the day before,
answers slip away,
questions no longer matter,
thoughts and memories,
undecided,
undetermined;
meaningless;
I can go to this dark place
but I would prefer not,
I have tasted privilege and wealth,
stood on its shore,
walked its path,
seen its hypocrisy,
swallowed its inequity,
choked on its bitterness;
twilight does approach,
the last light begins to fade,
this curtain starts to fall,
it is here where I was meant to be,
it is here where I shall stay,
lying with you,
our bodies wrapped together,
our souls becoming one,
holding on to the moment,
safe within your love for as
long as I possibly can;
Ann, you hold my heart,
you always have,
you enter my dreams,
beckoning me into your arms,
your smile sweet and serene,
your eyes soft and warm;
I am ready.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive