Friday, December 30, 2016

All My Life




















they stand there dancing,
like ghosts upon the midnight mist,
word after endless word,
line upon fathomless line,
some much clearer than others,
some begging and crying,
screaming, “take me, take me,”
others hiding among the shadows,
waiting for the proper moment,
in which to lash out with their spotless sabers,
ripping open huge growing gashes,
from which poisonous venom gushes forth;
loyalty is dead she tells me,
no I tell her,
it is dead only for those
who allow it to die,
but that is only a guess on my part;
for the right price,
anything can be bought;
I see the paintings on the sidewalk,
it makes me wonder who could create such magic,
how fantastic it must be
to perform such things,
pouring your soul into physical images,
sharing visions with fellow travelers,
touching things much deeper than meets the eye;
she makes me aware,
she makes me see,
she holds up a mirror to my face,
reflecting all that there is,
good and bad,
she is my greatest love,
she has become my greatest teacher,
my greatest friend,
my perfect soul mate;
she fills the space
that has been waiting for her
all my life.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive