Saturday, November 5, 2016

Just Believe


























Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler “Don’t be afraid; Just believe.”   Mark 5:36
in the middle of the night,
I awake, gripped with fear,
overcome by the immensity,
afraid of the unknown road ahead;
thinking of all the possible dangers,
unable to control even the smallest detail,
completely inadequate and out of control,
heading on a collision course with disaster;
then I remember the places from where I have come,
all the doors that have been opened,
all the chains which have been removed,
the love and grace that has brought me to this place,
and I hear His soft, cool voice,
gently whispering in the nighttime darkness;
“Don’t be afraid, just believe.”
the fear fades away,
the doubt dissolves into nothing,
the darkness turns to light,
there is only love,
there is only Him;
and that is all that matters;
in the deepest depths,
on the highest heights,
He is there,
guiding my path,
showing the way;
the Friend who stands by my side,
closer than a brother,
the King who laid down His life,
that I might live;
the One who I will love
forever.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive