Saturday, November 12, 2016

Collateral



















I held her in my arms,
as the life slipped from her
small, frail body,
she couldn't have been more
than 7 or 8 I thought,
as I looked into her cold,
lifeless eyes, staring blankly into
the clouds up above,
only moments before
the roar of jets had filled
the afternoon sky,
then a blinding light, followed
by deafening sound;
then silence;
now this child,
lay broken and torn
in my bloody arms,
I had seen her in the
neighborhood before,
always laughing,
always smiling,
beautiful;
innocent;
later the news would
say the attack was a
coordinated effort
by government forces,
dropping a laser-guided smart bomb
on a known terrorist safe-house,
killing 15 with only minor
collateral damage and loss
of life;
all-in-all a pretty good
day for the 'good guys'.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive