Saturday, September 24, 2016

Through it All






















Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”   John 14:6-7
I have been on both sides of the fence,
I have been everywhere in-between;
physically,
emotionally,
spiritually,
financially;
I have worked for hundreds
of thousands of dollars,
I have worked for minimum wage,
I have tasted a life of privilege,
I have known the hopelessness
of poverty;
I have witnessed first hand,
the devastation of losing
everything;
I have worked at a desk,
using only my mind and fingers,
I have worked back-breaking jobs
that no one should have to do;
I have seen people at their best,
I have seen people at their worst;
I have entered dark places from
which very few survive,
I have stood on the edge
as the god of this world,
quietly whispered in my ear;
“just one more step;”
I have seen demons,
dark and evil,
drive past in a car,
as I rode a bike
down the road;
laughing,
mocking;
I have talked with an angel,
her name was Vena,
she held my hand
as I lay in a hospital bed
having a heart attack;
I have seen people destroyed
by the very things from which
I was saved;
through it all,
You have been there
for as long as I can
remember,
quietly watching,
softly calling,
patiently waiting,
through it all You have
lifted me up when I could not
stand on my own,
saving me when no one
else could,
protecting me when no one
else would,
through it all You have
given me an education
that no college could provide,
no amount of money
could buy,
teaching me humility
and compassion,
helping me to stand,
allowing me to fall,
showing me the illusion
surrounding this world,
the lies that trap so many
who do not even know
they are trapped;
no one makes it out of this life
without You,
no one comes to the Father
but though You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive