Sunday, September 11, 2016

sometimes now



















“tell me Gilbarto,”
she whispered in my ear
on a warm sunny morning,
as we lay together,
her body resting
softly in my arms,
“what is the price to be paid,
for simple existence,
in a world
that demands more?”
“so much more;”
we both knew our time
had almost passed,
as all time passes
in a world ruled by time,
but still we clung to one another,
hoping silently inside,
that maybe,
just maybe,
this would be the one
that would not pass,
even though we both knew
it would;
I thought on her question,
and decided there was no answer,
that it was as open ended
as the tomorrow
we both would face,
I thought of my life,
where it had been,
where it was going,
what it had learned,
and came to the conclusion
that it too
had no answers,
a mass of swirling contradictions,
neither beginning or ending,
drifting like the current
with no known destination;
I thought of His life,
so perfect and pure,
His words,
so simple,
yet so strong,
sharp crystal truth,
far beyond the boundaries
of our limited human comprehension;
He is the king
of us all;
I pulled her closer,
stroked her hair with my hand,
tomorrow she would board a bus,
and her and I
would be no more,
but today
we were one,
even if it was just a moment;
sometimes now
has to do,
in a world where tomorrow
never comes.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive