Saturday, August 6, 2016

Today I Drank a Beer






















where do you go at night,
when the lights go down?
when darkness surrounds this world,
to who do you call out?
the end was never clearer than it is right now,
at this very moment,
lost somewhere between the living and the dead,
somewhere out on the edge, where no one wanders;
for long;
do not let it end now,
hold on for just one more round,
try just a little more,
reach for the only chance
you ever had;
the music guides you down
paths unknown,
it is here you have longed to be
from the very beginning,
it is here you have waited,
all your life;
I don’t know what it all means,
I only know that it means something,
at least it feels that way,
sometimes it comes so close,
but then it slowly fades away,
as I continue trying to stuff round pieces
into square holes;
but today for the first time,
I drank a beer,
without the need to slam it down,
so I could move on to the next one,
I controlled it,
it didn’t control me,
and strange as that may sound,
somehow it all fit;
it fit like a bloody glove,
lying in a back street alley,
as this journey takes continuous turns,
down one-way empty streets;
they give me legitimacy,
allowing me to fit
into a world,
I would otherwise
never belong.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive