Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting





















I am waiting;
searching for truth,
reading the words of fools,
listening to the voices
of liars and thieves;
I see their agendas,
I expose their hypocrisy,
I understand their fears;
there is no love,
there is no pity,
there is only judgment,
there is only condemnation;
one more day,
one more minute,
one more breath,
passing by unnoticed,
unknown, unheard;
clarity has no meaning,
in this land gone mad,
insanity replaces greed,
truth does not
give up her secrets
without a fight;
we have consumed
all there is,
taken, until there is nothing
more to take,
stolen our
children’s legacy,
sold our grandchildren
to the highest bidder;
I live in a world
begging for redemption,
I live in a world
searching for truth,
I live in a world
dying in its own filth,
destroyed by its own wisdom,
caught up
in its own righteousness,
floating on its own
fantasy,
blinded by its own
darkness,
afraid of its own fear;
and still,
I wait.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive