Sunday, January 10, 2016

than you


















I have written many things in my life,
thought many thoughts,
fantasized many fantasies,
dreamed many dreams,
but none of them are more important,
than you;
I have written of imaginary lovers
and foolish ideas,
all of which seemed so important,
but were nothing, nothing at all,
compared to the love that we share,
you are the reality which has kept me holding on,
for more years than I can remember,
yours is the touch I long to feel,
the voice I long to hear at the end of the day,
when nothing seems real, when nothing is true,
as all the thoughts and ideas, go drifting away,
like smoke from a burning campfire,
you are the part of me I can never let go,
no matter how hard this need to destroy
everything that I touch has tried;
there is no one I would rather be with,
than you.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive