Saturday, November 1, 2014

Right Where I Want To Be




















sometimes you get what
you want,
other times you don’t,
and occasionally;
you get more;
all in all, it tends to even out,
or at least that is what I've
been told,
but generally speaking,
you wind up settling,
making up excuses along the way,
convincing yourself, and others,
that this is exactly where you
want to be,
when the truth is,
it’s not even close;
but then it seldom ever is;
I think about things (sometimes),
how I joined the navy to be
a hospital corpsman,
attached to a marine unit, so I could be
right in the middle of the action,
taking a bullet, while saving a life,
dying a hero and leaving a nice corpse,
but I was either too late, or too early,
for all the good wars, so instead,
I ended up inside a hollow tube,
punching holes in the ocean,
which led to a nice cushy job, and the
American dream,
complete with a house, wife and kids,
and now here I am;
exactly where I want to be;
yeah,
that’s the ticket.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive