Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Dime a Dozen




















there are many things
I want to say to her,
I want to tell her I am sorry,
for the pain I have put her through,
time after time,
for the love I have thrown away,
again and again,
for the life I stole from her,
so many years ago;
so many things;
but I have said them all before,
only to rip her heart out, and
smash it on the stone cold
ground;
so I don’t;
I always mean, every word I say,
at the moment it is said,
but then the hunger returns,
the lies begin, and she is left
somewhere in the middle,
holding on to broken promises,
and shattered dreams,
as I try to pick up all the pieces, and
put them back together again;
before it is too late;
there are many things
I want to say to you baby,
but I know I never will,
because words are a
dime a dozen,
and with me,
they aren't worth the paper
they are written on.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive