Sunday, November 2, 2014

Down the Road Where You Lead


















amidst the lost and lonely emptiness,
of this long cold night,
I search for Your wonderful presence,
throughout the constant bombardment
and battering, of the enemies cruel and
vicious attacks,
I cry out for You;
O Lord,
be real within my mind and heart,
do not be distant and far away,
reach out Your mighty hand,
bring forth Your glorious mercy and grace,
show Your servant blessed favor,
silence the careless words of anger and hurt,
rolling off my venomous tongue,
remove the thoughts of evil and lust,
clouding my flesh-driven mind,
pull me from this iniquity and filth,
I find myself drowning in;
I cannot make it any other way,
I have tried so many times before,
I have searched for so very long,
I have walked in darkness all my life;
You are the only answer,
You are the only truth,
You are the only light,
You are the only way;
save me Lord,
heal my broken spirit,
shelter me from the gathering storm,
guide my every step,
fill me with Your perfect love,
teach me Your righteous and holy ways;
remove anything not of You;
down the road where You lead,
will I travel;
Yours is the face I will seek,
for all the days of my life.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive