Saturday, August 23, 2014

than you











I have written many things in my life,
thought many thoughts,
fantasized many fantasies,
dreamed many dreams;
but none of them
are more important,
than you;
I have written of imaginary lovers,
and foolish ideas,
all of which
seemed so important,
but were nothing,
nothing at all,
when compared to the love
that we share;
you are the reality,
which has kept me holding on,
(to this life),
for more years
than I can remember,
yours is the touch,
I long to feel,
the voice,
I long to hear,
at the end of the day,
when nothing seems real,
when nothing is true,
as all the thoughts and ideas
go drifting away,
like smoke
from a burning campfire,
you are the part of me,
I can never let go,
no matter how hard
this need to destroy
everything that I touch
has tried;
there is no one
I would rather be with,
than you.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive